Abstract submission is now live please click here.
ACIB Session - Industrial biotechnology from fundamentals to practice
Biocatalysis and enzyme engineering
Bioeconomy and public perception
Biofuels, biochemicals and bioenergy
Bioprocessing and engineering
Bioremediation and biodegradation
Biotherapeutics and vaccines
BioToP Session -Biomolecular Technology of Proteins
Cell cultures for in vitro testing of drugs
Cosmetics: biotechnology for beauty
Diagnostic tools and biomarkers
EFB-AFOB joint event
Genomics of cereal crops
Highlight event - Bioeconomy and biobusiness
Highlight event - Cellulosome and beyond
Highlight event - Patenting in biotechnology
Magnetic micro- and nanoparticles for biotechnological and biomedical application
Mammalian cell factories
Mass spectrometry in biotechnology
Metabolic modelling and engineering
Microbial cell factories
Microbial response to stress
Microbiome and diet/and agriculture
Molecular tools and bioinformatics
Nucleic acid technologies
Protein and antibody engineering
Recombinant protein production and purification
Stem cells and gene therapy
Yeast and filamentous fungi
ECB 2018 Abstract Submission Instructions
Scientists from academia and industry are invited to submit abstracts for oral and poster presentations describing original research in any of
the conference scientific topics. The scientific committee will select the type of contribution (oral or posters) based on the review of abstracts.
Guidelines and instructions:
In order to submit your abstract, please visit the Online Abstract Submission Form and follow the instructions to submit your abstract.
Please note that you will need to create an account in order to submit your abstract.
Please ensure that you follow the rules below when submitting your abstract:
- The title of the abstract must be less than 20 words
- The body of the abstract must be concise with less than 250 words. The abstract system will not accept abstracts that exceed 250 characters (body of the abstract).
- Please ensure that you indicate the presenting author on the abstract. If the submitting author is also the presenting author then please mark this as the presenting author. If the submitting author is different please indicate both the submitting author and the presenting author
- Standard abbreviations and SI units must be used. Non-standard abbreviations must be defined in full at their first appearance.
- Abstracts must not contain any images or tables.
- Careful typing and proofreading are essential, as otherwise the abstract may be amended or rejected.
The submission system allows for submitters to save and continue to work on the abstract later (by clicking on “Save as draft”) – if you choose this option you can log in and continue to work on the abstract at any point up to the abstract deadline. Please ensure that you have selected “submission” when you have completed the abstract and no further work is necessary.
Please note that all abstract presenters are required to register for the conference. Please ensure that they have registered no later than 5 May 2018 – if you have not registered by this date your abstract will be withdrawn.
You can register here.
A list of abstract topics can be found here
When is the submission deadline?
Submission deadline for Presentations: 1 April 2018
What happens once I submit my abstract?
- Once the corresponding author has selected “submission”, the corresponding author will receive an e-mail confirming the successful submission of the abstract – all abstracts that have been submitted will be reviewed by the scientific committee and accepted for poster submission at regular intervals during the submission process.
- Abstracts that have been submitted for oral presentation will be reviewed separately after the deadine. Notification that your abstract presentation has been accepted for oral presentation will be sent in April 2018.
- Please note: Once your abstract has been accepted by the scientific committee, it is subject to payment of the registration fee for the meeting, otherwise your abstract will not be included. The deadline for registration for presenters is 5 May 2018. The ECB 2018 scientific committee will not allow delegates to present more than one abstract. You may submit more than one abstract but please ensure that these have different presenting authors.