Abstract submission is now live please click here.
ECB 2018 Abstract Submission Instructions
Abstract deadline extended to 23 April 2018!
Scientists from academia and industry are invited to submit abstracts for oral and poster presentations describing original research in any of
the conference scientific topics. The scientific committee will select the type of contribution (oral or posters) based on the review of abstracts.
Guidelines and instructions:
Please note that you will need to create an account in order to submit your abstract.
Please ensure that you follow the rules below when submitting your abstract:
- The title of the abstract must be less than 20 words. Please do not use block capital letters or capital letters except for the first word or names.
- The body of the abstract must be concise with less than 250 words. The abstract system will not accept abstracts that exceed 250 words (body of the abstract).
- Please underline the name of the presenting author on the abstract. If the submitting author is also the presenting author then please mark this as the presenting author. If the submitting author is different please indicate both the submitting author and the presenting author.
- Standard abbreviations and SI units must be used. Non-standard abbreviations must be defined in full at their first appearance.
- Abstracts must not contain any images or tables.
- Careful typing and proofreading are essential, as otherwise the abstract may be amended or rejected.
The submission system allows submitters to save and continue to work on the abstract later (by clicking on “Save as draft”). If you choose this option you can log in and continue to work on the abstract at any point up to the abstract deadline. Please ensure that you have selected “submission” when you have completed the abstract and no further work is necessary.
Please note that all abstract presenters are required to register for the conference. Please ensure that they have registered and paid their registration fee no later than 7 May 2018. If you have not registered by this date your abstract will be withdrawn.
You can register here.
A list of abstract topics can be found here
When is the submission deadline?
Submission deadline for Presentations: 23 April 2018
What happens once I submit my abstract?
- Once the corresponding author has selected “submission”, the corresponding author will receive an e-mail confirming the successful submission of the abstract. All abstracts that have been submitted will be reviewed by the scientific committee and accepted for poster submission at regular intervals during the submission process.
- Abstracts that have been submitted for oral presentation will be reviewed separately after the deadline. Notification whether your abstract has been accepted for oral presentation will be sent in May 2018.
Please note: Once your abstract has been accepted by the scientific committee, it is subject to payment of the registration fee for the meeting,
otherwise your abstract will not be included. Only one abstract will be accepted for each presenting author. You can be a co-author of more
than one abstract, but only if there is a different presenting author for each abstract.